Old 27-11-2006, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Default Good minicatts?

I think I paid 15 dollars for my specimen S. cernua... They were common
as dirt around here for a while. Drop me a line if you are interested
in C. luteola, I think I have several.

Some nice hybrids that I like are Sc. Crystelle Smith and Slc. Barefoot
Mailman. And Tiny Titan. And... There are lots, actually.

Eric Hunt wrote:
Kathy,

I got a Sophronitis cernua from SBOE ($$$ btw!) I thought my case was too
warm for Sophronitis coccinea. Tom Perlite has a bunch of 4N S. coccinea
coming out of community pots and he's growing them with his Masdevallias.

I have a Laelia alaorii - a division from a plant we had at OrchidMania,
originally from Gold Country. You were with me when I got it at Alan's open
house a couple years ago!

Believe it or not, I'm actually interested in the hybrids. Something I
*know* will be easy to grow/bloom. I don't want to fill the case with them,
but 3-4-5 would be nice.

I'm trying to find a Cattleya luteola - those are supposed to be easy
growers/bloomers. Ecuagenera usually brings one or two, but that's the only
place I've found them.

I was wondering about things like crosses involving C. aclandiae with any of
the small growing rupiculous laelias and/or the small sophronitis or C.
luteola. Most of those are antique crosses, and I've googled around a bit
for them, but no luck. I *love* the brazilian bifoliate catts, and C.
aclandiae is one of the smallest growing ones.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1