Old 27-11-2006, 01:23 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Cover

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:30:12 -0000, "BoyPete"
wrote:

I'm using big bubble wrap too, on a frame of plastic poles. First problem
has been the 'waterproof' tape I used to join sections, wasn't. Now, the
high winds we have had this weekend have partially destroyed the structure.
Gonna have a rethink.

Compatibility of plastics is another thing to consider. I built a
small greenhouse with a uv-resistant greenhouse cover (Regular
construction grade only lasts one year.) type plastic and PVC, and the
PVC reacted with the cover plastic and ate through a double layer in
about 3 years. I didn't tape mine however, there was a treated wood
frame to hold the PVC and I stapled to it. That was strong enough to
endure a couple light windstorms, but the plastics ate one another.

Regards,

Hal