Old 27-11-2006, 01:55 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] tony@altavista.com is offline

Default Bower Birds eating vegetables

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 03:34:31 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

Rod Out Back writes:
Another problem is some of the stuff the bower birds nick is to imrpess the
girlfriend. Certain berries, and other objects become preferred favourites for
decking out the love-pad.

So the blue snail pellets would be pounced on as soon as you lay them out??

Funny, this talk of Bower birds remeinds me, a few years back the wife
and I were travelling through Adelaide River in the NT when we stopped
for lunch.

At the spot where we had stopped I noticed that a Bower bird had built
its nest, and it seems as there was a lack of Blue things about, it
had placed what we in the "West" call "blue metal" (probably called a
different name depending on where you're all from) but anyway, its
that crushed up granite that they use for roadworks.

I thought how apt..... Blue metal.