Old 27-11-2006, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C. Tim C. is offline

Default Ot Xmas is near

Following up to "Cat(h)" :

Tim C. wrote:
Following up to "Cat(h)" :

Broadback wrote:
How do I know? Because hot cross buns are now on sale!

Hmmm. I always associated hot cross buns with Easter... Was I wrong?

The problem starts with the fact that Easter is a celebration based on the
lunar calendar. Because of the difference in length of the lunar month (~28
days) and calendar months (28-31 days) the dates that hot cross buns are
prepared will gradually shift through the calendar year, and we have now
arrived at the situation where Easter comes just before Xmas. A strange
phenomenon where we celebrate the death of JC before he was born.
--
Tim C.

You know, as a bit of an agnostic, I am all in favour of this
rationalisation. Let's get it all done in one day, that's what I say.

But then we lose one excuse for a booze-up.

--
Tim C.