Old 28-11-2006, 02:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jdagy jdagy is offline

Default to stone or not to stone.....

JerseyMike wrote:
my front yard faces SSW and gets pummeled by the sun all summer long and
growing grass is a real pain in the butt, every year it's a struggle to keep
it green thru the months of July and August even w/ watering. i've used the
Scotts 4 step every year but i can't keep it green and it makes the house
look like snot. i've weighed the options that i can think of and i'm
leaning toward using stone fro the front. my pros and cons are too long to
list so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, their own experiences would be
helpful and i'd appreciate it.

Before you drag in the stone, cut back on the fertilizer try more
water, your sandy soil in south jersey sucks up the water. Once you
bring in the stone, it's a bitch to get rid of.