Old 28-11-2006, 11:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default to stone or not to stone.....

JerseyMike said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
JerseyMike said:

my front yard faces SSW and gets pummeled by the sun all summer long and
growing grass is a real pain in the butt, every year it's a struggle to

keep
it green thru the months of July and August even w/ watering. i've used

the
Scotts 4 step every year but i can't keep it green and it makes the

house
look like snot. i've weighed the options that i can think of and i'm
leaning toward using stone fro the front. my pros and cons are too long

list so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, their own experiences would

be
helpful and i'd appreciate it.

What kind of grass?

--

Eggs

Could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?

What kind of grass?

it's a wide variety. i never said it was a good lawn, it has it's share of
weeds that i can't ever seem to get rid of, but i'd like to keep it green at
least. it has been a struggle for 13 years and i'm getting tired of it
always working out the same way. that's why i was looking for other
people's experience w/ stone and their thoughts.

The reason that I asked was: Perhaps you have an abundance of cool season
grass(es), which would definately give results as you have experienced,
during hot weather. Perhaps going with a more warm-season grass would do
the trick.

G/L
--

Eggs