Old 29-11-2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Sprouting unplanted garlic

Maybe I don't understand your question, but when I plant garlic, I separate
the cloves in the head, and plant them individually with the points up. I
put them nearly an inch deep. If there are roots remaining on each clove, I
plant them also.

Dwayne

"James" wrote in message
ps.com...
Should I cut the long roots before planting them? It's too hard to
spread all the roots while planting them. If the tops are too long
should I cut them too? The tops are good eating but I've never tried
the roots.