Old 29-11-2006, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] zero529@yahoo.com is offline

Default Seeking cuttings of physic nut (Jatropha curcas)

wrote:

I have an acquaintance who will be coming from Indonesia to visit
Florida, and he is hoping to get his hands on some cuttings of the
physic nut tree (Jatropha curcas) while he is here. If anyone can

It would be much easier for him to get them at home, since they are
native to that part of the world. Seeds would be a better way to go,
you can find them on ebay. Going through customs with exotic plant
material is not always feasible.

Thanks for the suggestion, but he has already obtained specimens from
South/Southeast Asia, and he would now like to get some from the
Americas. And although the trees have become quite prevalent in the
South Pacific region, from what I've read, they're actually native to
the Caribbean. Who'd've thunk?