Old 29-11-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default seaweed

"judith lea" wrote in message
ups.com...
Although I live in Norfolk and relatively near to the East Coast, I
cannot find a beach where I can collect seaweed for a mulch. The
beaches of Gt. Yarmouth and Gorleston are seaweed free. Does anyone
know of a beach in North Norfolk, where I could collect seaweed?

Presumably your beaches are sandy/pebbly. Seaweed is found on rocky shores,
it likes to cling to rocks and gets torn off in storms, then ends up on the
beach. Is there any rocky shoreline near you?

Steve