Old 29-11-2006, 06:48 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default All a moderated groups is goong to do is provide Carol a safe heaven to flee to

Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:44:48 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
~ janj wrote:
Who said Carol was getting in?

I wouldn't stop her "getting in", and how would you? She'd start with a
new
nym, and she'd be fine as long as she behaved.

If Jan were a moderator she'd reject every one of my *on-topic* posts
unread. There would be no one to stop her. I don't think trying to hide
behind a new nym would work.

Of course it wouldn't, because you're incapable of setting up a new
identity, and using it without treating everything as an attack on you for
which you must retaliate. Carol, I've supported your right to be here for
years - now develop a sense of personal responsibility.

That would depend on how the moderation policy were set up. For example,
the policy could require two moderators voting to reject a post.

I like that.
--
derek