Old 29-11-2006, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default All a moderated groups is goong to do is provide Carol a safe heaven to flee to

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:44:48 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
~ janj wrote:
Who said Carol was getting in?

I wouldn't stop her "getting in", and how would you? She'd start with
new
nym, and she'd be fine as long as she behaved.

If Jan were a moderator she'd reject every one of my *on-topic* posts
unread. There would be no one to stop her. I don't think trying to hide
behind a new nym would work.

Of course it wouldn't, because you're incapable of setting up a new
identity, and using it without treating everything as an attack on you for
which you must retaliate.

Derek... at this point YES! Because just about everything on this NG has
been an attack on me for the last 2 years or more. There's been constant
insults if someone disagreed with what I posted, among other things.
Remember you said you killfiled a lot of troublesome posters. Well then,
you probably missed a lot. ;-)

Carol, I've supported your right to be here for
years - now develop a sense of personal responsibility.

That I have Derek. I'm personally responsible for myself only, not what
obsessed trolls do. I've done everything to help this group recover for 2
years. I've stayed here despite the vicious personal attacks and slander,
the flooding, trying to answer questions others ignored or didn't see or
would not reply to in fear of being attacked themselves. I've withstood the
verbal abuse, the obscene messages concerning myself, the idiotic smut
impersonations, threats and porn in my e-mail and generally baseless
mindless accusations. Is spent hours on the phone with ISPs and sent many
messages to ISPs and NSPs to try and get the trolls out of here. How much
more responsible can I get? Now Derek, which posters here are so perfect
that they feel they can cast stones at others? I do thank you for your past
support by the way, and you are one of the few I would trust as a moderator
here.

That would depend on how the moderation policy were set up. For example,
the policy could require two moderators voting to reject a post.

I like that.

I do as well but it would depend on the relationship between them and and
who they've already made their minds up about. And who removes them and
replaces them with more fair-minded or neutral people if they do decide to
run the group like the Google fish-pond group?

--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.