Old 29-11-2006, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
torge conrad maguar torge conrad maguar is offline

Default orchid from B and Q in central heating

Hi, on a sudden impulse today the wife bought a beautiful yellow orchid
from B&Q. I 'm a complete novice, but always believed that orchids like a
high humidity. We have a small terraced house with central heating,
consequently the air gets very dry over the winter. At the moment the
orchid is on a south facing window. Please can you advise on what steps to
take to keep the poor thing going.