Old 29-11-2006, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Russel Sprout Russel Sprout is offline

Default seaweed

"judith lea" wrote in message
oups.com...

shazzbat wrote:

Presumably your beaches are sandy/pebbly. Seaweed is found on rocky
shores,
it likes to cling to rocks and gets torn off in storms, then ends up on
the
beach. Is there any rocky shoreline near you?

Steve

Hi Steve, sandy at Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Cromer. North Norfolk
has quite a wild coast, i.e. Blakeney and Cley, we will take a drive
up there next week to take a look. Thank you.

The only vaguely rocky beach on the Norfolk coast is at North Runcton, chalk
with embedded flint. There is usually some bladder-wrack, but I doubt the
lacal fauna would appreciate its removal and it may be some kind of reserve
in any case.