Old 30-11-2006, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Red Tomato Red Tomato is offline

Default New to compost

Charlie Pridham wrote:
"K" wrote in message
Rachel Aitch writes

Any meat or fish scraps - you already know about that one,

Allegedly because it will attract rats, but other things I've read
suggest rats are more attracted by grain. Also, fats don't break down
well.

--
Kay

Until I upgraded the base and edges it was the worms the rats targeted in
mine! I now have a ring of slates driven into the ground around them and
worm populations are back to normal.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Hi

There are a few dos and don't for composting- simple enough
though:-)... see my link below gives a summary table of what you can
and can't compost

Happy composting!!!

Barbara

http://www.all-about-tomatoes.com/un...materials.html