Old 30-11-2006, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\)[_1_] Keith \(Dorset\)[_1_] is offline

Default common stinging nettle..

Hi,

The boiled, young, tips of stinging nettles have been eaten by country
people since, at least, the days of the Romans., whom it has been suggested,
imported the plant to Britain for its food value.

I have never heard of anyone using the water for veg. I presume you mean
that she was boiling the veg. in it in order to gain extra nutrients!

We steam our vegetables and / I can imagine no benefit in using 'nettle
water' for this purpose.

Keith

"jellyfish" wrote in message

hi guys,
i watched a programme the other day and the woman was boiling
up and simmering stinging nettles then using the water for her
vegetables, 2 quick questions...1.what is the benefit of this and is it
ok? and 2..for which vegetables would this be good for and which are
best to avoid?..she had MASSIVE tomatoes tho lol

--
jellyfish