Old 30-11-2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Sprouting unplanted garlic

In article .com,
"James" wrote:

The reason I asked is like most of you I usually plant garlic long
before they have spouted. I had them piled up outside. The rain and
cool temperatures made them sprout long before I had prepare beds to
plant them.

In other words, it was an "oops".
It generally helps to 'splain stuff like that in advance.

I'm beginning to learn that bit of advice the hard way myself after
having been flamed on the cooking list for appreciating a guest's food
preferences. sigh

They though he was being rude when it was FAR from that.

Anyway I planted them with the long roots and sprouts.

Good luck and please let us know how it comes out if you don't mind?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.