Old 23-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Carol Schroeder

Default [IBC] Winter Snow Damage

I just finished removing my trees from their winter quarters, which is
the ground where they had been buried for the last four months. Two
trees, an azalea and a young white pine, each had a branch dangling, no
doubt from the 26 inch snowstorm this past winter. Is there any way to
bind the dangling branches to save them? If I lose the azalea branch, I
lose the crown of the tree, and if I lose the white pine branch, I'm
left with only three other branches. Would raffia help in this
situation? Any suggestions short of restyling both trees?

Carol Schroeder
Columbia, Maryland, Zone 6/7

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++