Old 30-11-2006, 09:43 PM
jellyfish jellyfish is offline
Registered User

[quote=Mike Lyle]Broadback wrote:
Cat(h) wrote:
Sacha wrote:
On 30/11/06 01:09, in article ,
"jellyfish"
wrote:

hi guys,
i watched a programme the other day and the woman was boiling
up and simmering stinging nettles then using the water for her
vegetables, 2 quick questions...1.what is the benefit of this and is it
ok? and 2..for which vegetables would this be good for and which are
best to avoid?..she had MASSIVE tomatoes tho lol

People have long eaten the young leaves of nettles and I believe they're
very high in Vitamin C. I could see some health benefits in using the water
as stock to make soup but not for boiling veg. because that alone removes
nutrients. Steaming is far healthier and tastier, too.

--

My sister - a mother earth organic type from when knee-high to a
grass-hopper - produces what she calls (roughly translated) nettle

[...]

Cat(h)

My read of the post, as mention was made of large tomatoes, is that the
water was used as a fertiliser, I wonder if it smells as bad as steeped
nettles.

But Jellyfish seems sceptical: that last bit, "she had MASSIVE tomatoes
tho lol", with the LOL" tag, is obviously a joke. Can you clarify,
Jellyfish?

-
- wasnt being sarcastic guys..if the nettles produce something to help the vegetables grow bigger..then count me IN !!!