Old 01-12-2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default Attn: True rec.ponder's -update for 11-30-06 -from "george"

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:44:50 -0500, wrote:

[...]
To that end, I am urging, in the strongest possible way, that
all true rec.ponders contact as many former rec.ponders as they can.
Convince them that a new day is dawning, and that we must have their
visible support. That means that if they want rec.ponds.moderated
to be created, we will need them to post their support and approval to
news.groups.proposals. (after the first RFD is published.) If they
sit back and hope that others do the visible supporting, then we may
not get enough posts to show that we can be a viable, long-term
group.

[...]

I have noticed that some ponders seem reluctant to reveal their
names/email. This may make some of you reluctant to post your support.
There have been several methods of polling used in RFDs in the past. I'm
looking into whether one is available that will allow people to express
their support while retaining anonymity. Are there suggestions about
other
ways to handle this, if anonymous polling is not available?

Even if they did reveal their real e-mail addresses what's to say they don't
have more than one e-mail account? One person could then vote many, many
times with those free, temporary and other forms of disposable accounts.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.