Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Ramblings

On 1/12/06 14:41, in article
, "Muddymike"
wrote:
snip
This steep rear garden is covered in trees and adjoins a public
garden still part of the now local authority owned hall. This causes problem
as the old folly up there is a meeting place for local teenagers, who used
to use our garden as a shortcut by hopping over the drystone wall and out
through our back gate into an area of privately owned unused wooded land.
The main problem was they always left the gate open, even lifting it off its
hinges and throwing it into the wood on one occasion, thus allowing our dogs
to escape. This I have overcome by bolting the gate closed, and I mean nuts
and bolts. but still occasionally I confront youngsters just roaming around
up there. We are considering some sort of camera linked to the PC but don't
know firstly if its legal and secondly if a wireless set up would work over
the distance and through the walls of the house. Any advise on deterring
teenagers welcome.

Time now to walk the dogs.

Apart from the unwelcome visitors, it sounds really lovely. Could you put
up bright lights that would be triggered by movement. CCTV on your own
property is not illegal, so train it on your own boundaries. Get a couple
of sheep and use them as a good reason to instal electric fencing! Not
entirely joking there, I may say - I think one government called it a
short, sharp, shock, didn't they? ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk