Old 01-12-2006, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pat Gardiner Pat Gardiner is offline

Default Surviving Christmas - O/T - probably

Every year I try my hand at the tradition of a Christmas Story, just to
entertain myself, my family and friends

If you have Irish or English in you, you may well be entertained by the
lengths that a mother went to to feed her family a Christmas bird during the
food shortage that followed WW2 in Britain

Unlikely though it sounds, the story is true.

So when I tell you that my mother was a determined smuggler of illegal meat
and pornography, don't dismiss the suggestion out of hand.

Anyway, here is this year's story
http://pages.britishlibrary.net/patg...maspoultry.htm

--
Regards