Old 23-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Little Badger

Default Algae in water butt

I wouldn't use it on seedlings in case of damping off!

Badger

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Says it all, really.

The butt started with coo muck and rainwater from the greenhouse roof

drains
into it. It's not covered but has wire mesh over to stop birds drowning in
it. Another butt on the other side is covered.

I've had to use stored water from both to keep the greenhouse plants

watered
this last couple of weeks, today I saw that the water in the uncovered one
was green.

I used it and am happy to continue using it (not that it will last much
longer without rain) but wondered if the Wise Ones hereabouts could warn

me
if there are any potential problems.

Mary
--