Old 02-12-2006, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default NHS for gardens?

On 2/12/06 10:46, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

a.c. wrote:
Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek, but has anyone ever thought about a
national health service type thing for gardens?
What got me thinking about it is our 15-20m high Birch, a mere 4 or 5m
from our neighbour. At present, it's sheding twigs. Though no branch
extends over the neigbours, at such a height some twigs do blow in.
They've never as much as commented, but I was wondering what if they
did, because we would have to fit the bill for any tree work to be
done, whilst they and all our other neighbours benefit from the tree...
free of charge!

Birch trees normally shed twigs, at least my three do, not sure why but
there always seems to be a few twigs on the ground around them. Doesn't
seem to do them any harm

Janet

If we don't pick them up, we find that the birds will in spring, happily
using them for best building.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk