Old 03-12-2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Bulbs Growing Now

Bulbs we planted in early November are poking through in early
December! We're in mid-Connecticut and I expect it to get much colder
before it gets any warmer.

Any suggestions for protecting the tender bits?

No need... they'll figure it out themselves. g

You may get some browned leaf tips in the spring, but the flower
buds are still down in the bulb with most bulbs.

If you get a cold, dry, not-very -snowy winter, consider shoveling
some snow on top of them (just a few inches) when there is snow
on the ground.

Kay