Old 03-12-2006, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default How to stop it from growing

"a.c." wrote in message
ps.com...

philip wrote:

Hi,
I have just cut down a wisteria, to prevent any further damage to
the
roof. What could be done to stop it from growing again, for good? A
friend
suggested salt but I am sure there must be a right chemical for the job.

If I understand you correctly, you want to kill it at root level. Then
if you don't want to dig it out, though they're not to difficult to
remove, then you could go for one of those stump-kill type products.
Sulphate of Ammonia being the usual ingredient.

Ammonium Sulphamate (not sulphate) is the stuff that will kill the root.
An alternative and different chemical product for killing roots is SBK.