Old 03-12-2006, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Pruning the Budljia

"Tulpa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all.. following my 'New to composting' post (thank you all..) I'm
wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on pruning our various
shrubs/trees?

Buddlea, Lilac, Dogwood, Apple, Damson... all looking a bit wintry but
straggly... I've lopped a lot off the Buddlea and am worried that it
may not come good in spring?
Cheers.. R

Don't worry about the Buddleia - you can hack them back right to the ground
and they will come back better than ever. It's best to wait till spring to
prune them to the shape you want, but a general tidy up now is fine.

Not sure about the fruit trees..............someone else will be along I'm
sure who knows more about them than me,

Jenny