Old 03-12-2006, 10:28 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_3_] Jonno[_3_] is offline

Default chook manure breakdown

Just run sprinkle water over it for a week, small amounts at a time. Better
still, water the area you want to apply it to, then apply small amounts of
manure, gently water the chook poo .
I havent seen any on my plants die from being fed... If it heats up too much
it can do, so put in small amounts, it shouldnt cause any incidents.
Just dont put it too close to the plant, but within reach. Im of to do the
same thing now...

"Tish" wrote in message
ups.com...
It will vary, but I would imagine that a month should be enough if it
is mostly straw.

Tish

0tterbot wrote:
hello,

if i have a pile of straw with chook poo in it (as i do), can anyone tell
me
the minimum time i can leave it till the chook poo is deactivated to the
point where it won't burn the plants? (i don't really want to compost it
all
down, or anything, i just want it for mulch with extra vitamins). i
watered
it, it's not dry. it's mostly straw, though, it's not a pile of manure by
any means.

tia!
kylie