Old 04-12-2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default Dec issue of Orchids, anyone?

at least some of you have received your December issue.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Never mind, I found it. Pg. 942, for anyone else who wants to look.

Taking this a step further, the figure of 20,863 is the *average* net
press run for the past 12 months. The net press run for the *month
closest* to the reporting date is 19,072. That would indicate a dramatic
reduction over the past year.

Next, look at the copies listed as paid subscriptions or *requested*.
Those numbers are 17,531 average vs. 15,899 latest month. The balance of
the printing run would then go to individual sales in one form or another,
or complimentary copies. I guess I could go look at last year's December
issue to compare the numbers, but quite honestly it hurt my eyes to do
this much!

Seems to me that raising the dues has had a substantial impact.

Diana

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Ray, where did you *find* that number? I'm looking on pg. 878 where you'd
think it would be, but can't find it.

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
It's printed in AWFULLY small font size, but I think it says 20863

"unknown" wrote in message
John wrote several months ago, about "Orchids" magazine's circulation:

This information appears in minute print in each December issue of
Orchid.
Average total distribution per issue during preceding 12 months
(including
free copies) of Orchid:
2004 = 24312
2005 = 22574
So in one year the distribution has fallen by 1738 (about 7%) and this
is
before the increase in price.
Cheers
John

anyone gotten their new one yet and willing to post the stats? thanks
in advance.

--j_a