Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default How to stop it from growing

"geoffrey shelley" wrote in message
hi,
I totally appreciate your sentiments. It is glorious during the
flowering period but it should not be grown alongside the exterior wall of
the house, where it could anchor to the roof tiles causing damage.
Thank you for the information Ammonium Sulphamate. Do I drill
some holes into the stump where the solution is poured? Regards, Philip

You can do that or following these instructions. The main thing to remember
is to cover the stump with something to prevent rain washing the stuff away.
http://www.daxproducts.co.uk/howto.html

Given a choice I would use SBK which is in liquid form and tends to give
total obliteration to anything it touches
http://www.vitax.co.uk/productshome.asp?catalog=1003