Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Robinia pseudoacacia

Hake wrote:
Hello,

I have the above robinia in my front garden (planted last year) and am
concerned for its welfare. It suffered badly in winds, it had poor
roots when i got it & it has had a branch snapped off. To me,it looks
like it is in too windy a position ( front garden, we live in a
housing estate on top of a hill). My question is, should I leave it
to fight on & pull through? - does someone own one that has grown up
in such a situation? Or should I just cut my loses and find somthing
more tolerant of exposure?
Any ideas?

From my experince (one blew over after 5 years or so, the repalcemet's top
snapped off a few years later) cut your losses!

pk