Old 04-12-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Andy is offline

Default Robinia pseudoacacia

"Hake" wrote in message
Hello,

I have the above robinia in my front garden (planted last year) and am
concerned for its welfare. It suffered badly in winds, it had poor roots
when i got it & it has had a branch snapped off. To me,it looks like it is
in too windy a position ( front garden, we live in a housing estate on top
of a hill). My question is, should I leave it to fight on & pull
through? - does someone own one that has grown up in such a situation? Or
should I just cut my loses and find somthing more tolerant of exposure?

Any ideas?

Thanks

They are known to be prone to wind damage.

Andy.