Old 05-12-2006, 02:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Pronunciation

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Would anyone like to have a go at putting on screen how they

pronouce
tinus?

V. tinus as in TEEnus would be correct in Latin pronunciation but I

bet most
say TIEnus. ;-)

I use the latter as I've never heard it pronounced any other way but
the pronunciation of the radio person was TINus (not a gardening
expert, but a rich garden owner of the pretentious type). My better
half said that I was probably wrong, but then he's like that. :-))

I think hubby was right (on this occasion),as I say TIN -us,but I am not
rich nor pretentious. Some might say common with my pronunciation:-(