Old 05-12-2006, 08:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Tonto_Goldstein Tonto_Goldstein is offline

Default Isn't it funny how...

lynx wrote:

Ask
the next mowing contractor you see and he'll tell you why he doesn't
use them either.

I will.

Hi Kids,

I've just tuned in to this - er - discussion.

I'm a lawn mowing contractor, I use a Honda Buffalo (HRU216D) and/or a
Rover ProCut 560. I mulch with both.

Having said that, not all lawns are OK to mulch.

If the grass is too long or wet, it won't mulch very well and doesn't
look as nice at the end of the job. Some lawns mulch better than others;
mot of my customers have Kikuyu lawns which mulch pretty well. I've
found Couch and Tall Fescues don't mulch too well.

Even with lawns that I regularly mulch, every fourth cut I catch the
grass, just to give it a break (as per instructions and most of the lawn
growing texts I've ever read).

Quite a lot of other contractors mulch lawns (I'm in Adelaide). Your
local situation may differ.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Goldstein