Old 05-12-2006, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike in Spain Mike in Spain is offline

Default Pronunciation

Alan Holmes wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 4/12/06 23:25, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Just curious, I heard someone on the radio teh other day talking about
Viburnum tinus and they pronouced tinus in a way I'd never heard
before ao it made me wonder if I've been doign it wrong for all these
years.

Would anyone like to have a go at putting on screen how they pronouce
tinus?

V. tinus as in TEEnus would be correct in Latin pronunciation but I bet
most
say TIEnus. ;-)

And what about titinus?

From which I suffer!(:-(

Alan

Possibly a lack of a spell checker as well, shouldn't that be TINITUS?,
unless you are hearing, or seing different things from the majority of
sufferers. :-)