Old 05-12-2006, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mike Mike is offline

Default Climbing Vine removal

That sounds like it, and I'm in NC, which is just south of VA. The
only thing is that this thing has climbed like 50 feet up a tree, and
I've yet to see it flower...

Raking does no good, except to reveal the network of vines on the
ground. They have to be pulled up until you get to where they are
anchored, and then cut up.

Thanks for the advice, next weekend when I'm doing round 4 I'll post
some pictures.

newsreader wrote:
Not sure where you are, or what your vine looks like.
I'm in MD, and have porcelain berry vines growing like what you describe.

http://www.state.va.us/dcr/dnh/fsambr.pdf