Old 05-12-2006, 02:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] greg@testengineering.info is offline

Default Source needed for Arizona grape vines (Vitis arizonica)

Bill Rose wrote:
Guys,
grapes don't come true from seeds. You need cuttings. ...

Really? Amazing that somehow grape vines survived and evolved for many
millennia without any human intervention. Grape vines can be started
from seed... in fact, some grape varieties are difficult to start from
cuttings and must be started from seeds. But I guess I must be wrong,
because as the self-appointed grape vine expert, you are taking the
time to correct me in my error.

I wish you would have shared your insight with the nursery I bought the
vine from, as it certainly is not grafted and appears to have been
started from seed. Had they known this was impossible, I'm sure they
wouldn't have tried it.

Thanks and regards,

Greg G.