Old 05-12-2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Under ground part of the fennel

Hello, James!
You wrote on 5 Dec 2006 06:36:13 -0800:

J Yesterday I harvested my only fennel plant. It had a thick
J tap root that looked like parsnip or horseradish. I left it
J outside because there was a lot of soil clinging to the fine
J roots. Thinking I'll clean it later and try cooking it.
J This morning I found it mostly eaten by either raccoons or
J rabbits.

J Anyone here know if it's good as human food or is it just
J good for animal feed?

The rabbits or whatever were right! Try Googling for braised
fennel. There are lots of good recipes.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: