Old 05-12-2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default aos awards (was: Dec issue of Orchids, anyone?)

tennis maynard wrote:

Perhaps I don't get it at all. I thought an 'award' was something you
GAVE in recognition of some positive aspect or achievement. Not SOLD or
CHARGED for. I've never gotten it, and I never will. It's just stupid on
the face of it and more and more people are coming around to my way of
thinking it seems.

what tennis said. i never knew you had to pay for these silly things
until coming on here and reading y'all's posts. that's just ridiculous
(IMHO

however, if you decide not to pay for the award or the slides or
whatever, has your plant still won? is it still on record somewhere as
having won? (you can tell from the question i know nothing about this
process.

--j_a