Old 05-12-2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Dec issue of Orchids, anyone?

I'm not going to play in this spitting contest with you Danny.

K Barrett

"danny" wrote in message
California ain't the only place with traffic...

It's not that unusual for someone to drive a few hours to our judging
center from Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina. We even used to get a few
from Mississippi and Louisiana occasionally before they opened a
supplemental JC out there. The next closest JC from here is Greensboro,
which is about 330 miles from Atlanta according to Mapquest.

-danny

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
"danny" wrote in message
.. .
If the numbers being shown in northern California are so low, why the
heck do ya'll need all those JC's?

In a nutshell, because one can't get there from here. Traffic is murder,
and if you grow in the central valley there's no way you are going to
bring your orchids into the Bay Area. Hence the center in Sacramento,
which has already out awarded the SF and Oakland centers.... I think...

Why is the number being considered at POE lower? Are people marking
plants "Not for Judging", are the displays smaller, or are the judges
not picking out as many as they used to?

I think the judges aren't picking out as many as in previous years and
people aren't entering as many either.