Old 05-12-2006, 04:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

"Tristan" wrote in message

This is exactly whyt a modewrated group is bad. A person does not have
to physically have a pond to have an interest in a pond now do they,

What I wrote below was: "And your interest in ponds is...?" NOTHING in
that statement suggests that Vorian Atreides or anyone else must have a
physical pond.

My very first post to rec.ponds was back in 1995 when I was living in an
apartment and merely *contemplating* having a pond in a house I was planning
to move into. Many other people have posted to rec.ponds who were in the
midst of designing a pond or thinking about designing a pond and they got
good feedback from rec.ponds regulars. Some people have posted queries who
have no ponds but were perhaps interested in frogs or other typical pond
wildlife and their posts were responded to respectfully.

Anyone can search Google groups to see that is true.

I would not go to a newsgroup I had no interest in to tell the regulars
there how to run their group or a proposed offshoot of their group. I find
it incredibly bizarre that *anyone* would want to do that who didn't have a
technical interest and expertise in the process, like Jayne.

Why doesn't Vorian Atreides want people to know about his interest in ponds,
assuming he has any? Why doesn't he respond to a simple request?

You're attacking the wrong person.

but according to a lot of foolks here if a person does not have a pond
then they must be up to no good so therefore they do not belong here.

A minimal amount of research in Google groups will demonstrate that your
assertion is completely false. And offensive to rec.ponders who have
requested to a wide range of queries, some only minimally related to ponds,
with friendliness and helpfulness.

Casein point, was a person who tried their damdest to straightenouot
RP, and failed. She wsa from the UK, lurked here for a long long time,
and odds are not one of the rec ponders ever knew of her. She wanted
to listen anbd learn how to do ponds and koi. Her intent was to build
a proper pond.....now where would htis group be with such narrow
minded views that yu need to have a physical pond to have an interest
or be recognized in this group.

Who? You can make up anything you like, but unless you're prepared to
provide a user name so that I or anyone else can go to Google groups to
check out your story, then you're just blowing smoke.

Far as that goes, Carol uses her
neighbors pinds and claims them as her own..

How would you know that?

No need to moderate if
Carol was to be blocked period off the usenet and it could certainly
be done if folks complained about the "right" person instead of the
numerous trolls that would soon go away if Carol was history. You all
brought and endorsed Carol for what she is so now you need to put up
with the bitch or shut up!

Personal attacks would not be allowed in rec.ponds.moderated.
If you don't like personal attacks, why are you engaging in them yourself?

And again, anyone will be allowed to post to rec.ponds.moderated, as long as
their posts are on topic, no matter what their past posting history on
unmoderated groups. Even on topic posts from Vorian Atreides would be
welcome, assuming he(?) has any interest in ponds, which I doubt.

Gail
rec.ponder since April 2003

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 02:30:26 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

[ngs trimmed]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
[snip]

And your interest in ponds is...??? Sounds like...???

Gail