Old 05-12-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Attn: true rec.ponders -brief update for 12-3 -from george

Gail Futoran wrote:

[ngs trimmed]
"Vorian Atreides" wrote in message
Nekojin wrote:
wrote:
Hi and best wishes to all true rec.ponders:

The moderators are very hard at work discussing all of the
general issues involved in this matter, and putting them together for
the new RFD.

So, without consent of the group regulars, you have a group of secret
moderators. And everyone here agrees with this?

No, what George has is a group of long-time r.p.ers who are willing to help
write the RFD and moderate the resulting group - IF SUCH A GROUP IS
CREATED. It's up to everybody here whether the group becomes a reality,
and how likely that is is a direct consequence of (a) how well we write the
RFD, and (b) how much you trust us. [Yes, I'm one of the secret cabal -
don't tell anyone]

Let it go. I was monitoring news.groups And it is not pretty.
All of I have to say is this. If they allow Carol to post. They defeat
the purpose of moderation for rec.ponds

That's certainly not _our_ purpose. Our purpose is to eliminate all the
personal attacks and get back to ponding. Given that nobody named Vorian
Atreides has _ever_ posted a pond related message on this group, I can't
imagine what _you_ think the purpose could be.

I've ask Jayne and Others if they knew why some of rec.ponds regulars
wanted moderation, and they could not reply.

You didn't ask me. To keep all the carol-shit out of the group. That means
the attacks ON Carol, mostly, but yes it will include the ones she insists
on making.

The need for moderation is obvious to anyone who reads rec.ponds.

I'm curious to know about your (Vorian Atreides) interest or involvement
in ponds. I've asked this before and gotten no response.

No surprise.
--
derek