Old 05-12-2006, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default newbie question on spider mites

"GH" wrote ...
I am battling spider mites on my houseplants. For the moment they seem
to have receded - last week I moved them out on the balcony (to lower
temperature and extend the reproduction cycle) and sprayed twice (3
days interval) with a different systemic insecticide (imidaclopride &
dicofol).

Ocasionally, I can still see one or two moving up or down a blade.

Can you advise me what to do to get rid of them?

Are you sure it's Red Spider Mite as they are just about too small to see
with the naked eye.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Spider_mite

They like dry conditions so spraying with water every day helps, make sure
you spray the undersides of the leaves too. Keeping the plants in more moist
conditions helps too.

--
Regards
Bob H