Old 05-12-2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
James James is offline

Default Under ground part of the fennel

I planted maybe a dozen seeds of the bulb kind. Only one survived. I
usually nip some of the tender leaf tips for snacking in the garden.
The rabbits left enough of the tap root for me to try a little raw
piece. It only had a hint of fennel taste. Probably would go well in
a stew.

The above soil part I split between me and the rabbits.

Don't know if it would have gone to seed. Last night's low was 22F and
there were no seedheads.