Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

Default Under ground part of the fennel

"James" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
Yesterday I harvested my only fennel plant. It had a thick tap root
that looked like parsnip or horseradish. I left it outside because
there was a lot of soil clinging to the fine roots. Thinking I'll
clean it later and try cooking it. This morning I found it mostly
eaten by either raccoons or rabbits.

Anyone here know if it's good as human food or is it just good for
animal feed?

Next time you find it, use it raw or cooked and serve it with white fish. I
envy you for having such a fresh supply