Old 05-12-2006, 07:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default Moderated rec.ponds

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:

Knowing there tools to cause havoc in a moderated newsgroup, by letting
Carol follow come there, her enemies will too. But since I'm not a
moderator, I don't set policy, I'm just voicing my 2 cents.

I'll trust our technology.

They CAN be blocked. I trust the technology also.

They may be able to get the odd post in, but
knowing the authentication system in mind, I don't see them being
successful in any large way.

I would have no problem being authenticated. If I need to switch ISPs or
NSPs I can let someone know.

As for policy, you have as much chance to set policy as anybody. An RFD
is
an interative process - if you don't like it, voice your objections. If
people accept your reasoning, we'll have no choice but to fix the RFD if
we
want to get it passed.

I think it's clear he wants certain people EXCLUDED even if they post
on-topic messages. And that's not meant as a personal attack on him. I
don't know any other way to put it.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.