Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] n_cramerSPAM@pacbell.net is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
On 06 Dec 2006 00:31:11 GMT, wrote:

Well. you may no longer wish to have a civil discourse with me, as I am
a staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment. I bought my first gun at age
12, have been shooting since I was 7 and own a shotgun, a couple of
pistols and several rifles, with enough ammo for each to last beyond my
death (I'm 71).

I don't know why I wouldn't wish to have a civil discourse with you, in
sight is a little hat I got by being a Charter Founder of the Second
Amendment Task Force. Besides, my brother is a retired Marine mustang,
we could talk about him if nothing else.

I was an acive duty Marine briefly during the Korean War. I greatly admire
mustang officers. Please thank your brother for me. Semper Fi, bro. I owe
ya a drink!

One of the main differences between me and the one to whom you responded
is that I am a responsible gun owner, I practice regularly and I respect
and obey the law. And I don't think I'm God!

I had a heron problem about 10 years ago. The buzzard got 2 of my koi
and a goldfish! I put up bird net and have had no problem since.

I had an alligator in my back pond last year. Turns out it ate all the
turtles and fish back there. A net wouldn't have helped at all, in fact,
I don't know what would. Fortunately it just died of natural causes, and
I didn't have to figure out how to deal with it.

No alligators out here in So Cal. That's where I would consider shooting
it, as they make good eatin', too. Quaranteed recipe on request. ;-)

~Semper Fi~