Old 05-12-2006, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Pronunciation

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote after
"cineman"
Now back to gardening, here in West Midlands last night the temperature
climbed to 14 degrees C now for time of year that is positively
tropical. Global warming would be welcome if it wasnt for the High
blustery winds we have had for several days now,
Cineman

Agreed. As from now it looks like we will be discusing the onset of the
first High winds rather than the first frosts.
It's all rather daft at the moment--Bananas still growing outside in
December--in Bloomin Yorkshire.

and Hedgehogs still eating the cats leftover breakfast.

Hi Bob,

Its difficult time for hedgehogs at moment they should be well into
hibernation now, ( I am jealous) instead they are still to be seen at night
foraging. This year some seem to have had a second litter rather late, and
the young have had very little time to pile on the ounces ( or should that
be Kilos) If they are seen during daylight hours they are obviously in
trouble so please do look after them ( bread and milk is bad for hedgehogs)
and contact one of the tiggywinkles places for advice or look at this site
http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/

Last spring I was leaving out cat food for the hedgehogs as they were
awakening, only to find our local fox, who lives at bottom of garden was
eating it all, what s/he did leave the rats from over the field finished up.
I cannot win...

regards
Cineman
P S My rosemary is still flowering.