Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

On 06 Dec 2006 00:56:55 GMT, wrote:

I was an acive duty Marine briefly during the Korean War. I greatly admire
mustang officers. Please thank your brother for me. Semper Fi, bro. I owe
ya a drink!

I never even made NCO in the Air Force. The highest I made was A1C, as
they called it then. My Dad was an officer, my grandfather was an officer.
I kept trying to tell them that it was a little bit different being
enlisted. My brother understood and never forgot. I served under a lot of
different officers, but only a very, very few were enlisted once. I think
it makes a difference. I've got a hell of a lot of respect for that.

No alligators out here in So Cal. That's where I would consider shooting
it, as they make good eatin', too. Quaranteed recipe on request. ;-)

You can't even look at them cross-eyed here. Well, that may be changing.
They had a limited alligator hunt this year, but it was quite expensive and
there were all kinds of hoops to jump through. There's talk about
loosening up the protections they currently have, there are quite a few of
them now. It's really tough to peacefully co-exist with them.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA

Illiterate? Write for FREE help