Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 AM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

wrote in message
I had a heron problem about 10 years ago. The buzzard got 2 of my koi and
goldfish! I put up bird net and have had no problem since.

================
We found the fine black bird netting from ACE Hardware is strong and not all
that visible. After awhile you don't even see it. It's kept everything out
of our ponds. We have all kinds of wildlife here including King Fishers,
herons, cranes and other water birds. I didn't bother with the motion
sprayers because they haven't worked for some of the local ponders I'd
spoken to over the years. King Fishers hit too fast to be effected by a
spray. One said the herons learned to fish in front of the thing out of the
line of spray and snakes and bullfrogs weren't deterred at all. If you're
off at work or away for the weekend and the hose pops, you're in for one
hellacious water bill.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.