Old 06-12-2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default Moderated rec.ponds

Wake up and smell the roses carol........your the main cause this
forum is like it is right now.....

..On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:52:55 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"~ janj" wrote in message
.. .
I think it's clear he wants certain people EXCLUDED even if they post
on-topic messages. And that's not meant as a personal attack on him. I
don't know any other way to put it.

I don't know who "him" is, but I'm sure this post is related to the
moderators.

No. It wasn't related to a moderator, but to one of the regulars. I don't
think it's been made clear who the moderators are except for Derek. But
then NSPs do miss an occasional message.

Hopefully it will relieve some fears that it will take more
than one moderator to return a post. Thus stopping any personal vendettas.

Which would remove just about all the rude, obscene, insulting, personal
attack and "in general" troll posts. Ahhh,... that would make it rec.ponds
once again! :-)))

Any post that is related to ponding and/or OT friendly discussion between
ponders, will pass thru.

Course that reminds me of the day when RP had a couple of posters just
chit-chatting to each other. I guess they liked the comfort of public
e-mail.... they formed their own group alt.garden.pond.chat so they could
continue it there. And to think back then we thought that "they" were a
problem, how silly. :-) ~ jan

I personally never saw chit-chat off topic messages between ponders
irritating. I just skipped the thread. ;-) It worked for me.